The Department of Health Family Health Office in cooperation with the Newborn Hearing Screening Reference Center will be hosting an Orientation and Updates to RA 9709 and Category A Newborn Hearing Screening Personnel Certifying Course on August 24, 2016, 8:00 am -5:00 pm at the Pinnacle Hotel, Davao City.
The Orientation and Updates to RA 9709 is the lecture portion of the Category A Newborn Hearing Screening Personnel Certifying Course and is also a pre-requisite for non-screener or manager staff members of Hearing Centers such as Speech Therapists, Cochlear Implant Programmers, Developmental Pediatricians, ENT Coordinators, and ENT Implant Surgeons.
Orientation and Updates to RA 9709 participants (implant programmers, speech therapists, geneticists, nurses, pediatricians, ENT coordinators, implant surgeons) are required to bring the following:
1. Copy of valid PRC ID for physicians
2. Copy of any valid ID indicating date of birth for audiologists, speech therapists, geneticists, nurses, managers
3. Copy of Masters in Clinical Audiology diploma for audiologists
4. Copy of Speech Therapy / Pathology diploma for speech therapists
5. Copy of Residency and Fellowship Training certificates for Developmental Pediatricians,
6. Certificate of good standing from The Philippine Society of Otolaryngology Head and
7. Certificate of good standing from the Philippine Pediatric Society for Pediatricians
8. Certificate or letter of center / health facility affiliation / employment signed by Medical Director / head of facility / owner. Exact address and complete contact information of the health facility must be indicated in the certificate or letter.
The screeners and managers of Category A Newborn Hearing Centers will have to pass a written 25 item multiple choice, open notes exam and practical examination with a 12 item checklist. Examinees are required to bring the hearing screening device (OAE or AABR) they are using or a demo unit from the distributor of the exact model being used in their facility for the practical examination.
IMPORTANT: Please charge the device before the course.
Take note that only 10 participants may use a common hearing screening device for centers who wish to have several hearing screening personnel certified. Examinees should be prepared to stay in the venue from until 5:00 pm as the schedule for written and practical examination may only be determined on-site.
To download a copy of the Program of Activities, please fill in the details below.
Category A Newborn Hearing Screening Personnel (managers and screeners) are required to bring the following:
SCREENER (>/= 19 years old can read and write in English) examinees:
- Copy of valid ID indicating date of birth
- Certificate / letter of affiliation / employment or copy of BIR Certificate of Registration if owner / physician
MANAGER (must be physician or audiologist with MA in clinical audiology) examinees:
- Copy of valid ID indicating date of birth
- If physician copy of valid PRC or if audiologist copy of Masters in Clinical Audiology diploma
- Certificate / letter of affiliation / employment or copy of BIR Certificate of Registration if owner
You may send the said documents to Ms. Maria Prexcilla R. Ypil, Newborn Hearing Screening Reference Center National Institutes of Health – University of the Philippines Manila, 1st floor, 623 Pedro Gil Street, Ermita, Manila, at Telephone: (02) 526-4349 or email at email@example.com.
Accommodation & Registration
Accommodation and registration fee for the Orientation and Updates to RA 9709 of government facility participants shall be charged to the Family Health Office while transportation expenses and examination fees amounting to two thousand five hundred pesos (Php 2,500.00) for Category A Newborn Hearing Screening Personnel (managers and screeners) Certifying Course shall be charged to the sending agency.
Please deposit the registration fee on or before August 1, 2016 (Tuesday) to:
Bank: Banco De Oro (BDO) Bocobo Branch
Account name: UP Medical Foundation, Inc.
Account number: 3530094018
IMPORTANT: Please email scan or clear picture of the deposit slip indicating the facility/hospital and names of the participants as soon as payment is made to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate clearly what name will be written on the official receipt. Only those who deposited the registration fees on or before the said date shall be given an official receipt on site upon presentation of the deposit slip. Otherwise, receipts shall be issued two (2) weeks after the course together with the certificates and manuals. We shall not be accepting cash nor checks on site.
For inquiries on training requirements, you may contact any of the following:
Ms. Lita L. Orbillo
Family Health Office
Tel. No. 651-78-00 loc. 1726, 1730
E-mail address: email@example.com
Ms. Maria Prexcilla Ypil
Tel. No. (02) 526-4349, NSRC-NIH
E-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org