The Orientation and Updates to RA 9709 is the lecture portion of the Category A Newborn Hearing Screening Personnel Certifying Course and is also a pre-requisite for non-screener or manager staff members of Hearing Centers such as Speech Therapists, Cochlear Implant Programmers, Developmental Pediatricians, ENT Coordinators, and ENT Implant Surgeons.
The screeners and managers of Category A Newborn Hearing Centers will have to pass a written 25 item multiple choice, open notes exam and practical examination. The passing score for the written examination is 17 out of 25 while the passing for the practical examination is 13 out of 17. The required lectures are Lectures 1 to 5 and shall take around 75 minutes. The written examination is timed at 30 minutes.
For the practical examination, the examinee has two options. The first option is to submit a 15-minute mp4 video. The instructions shall be available once the examinee has finished lectures 1 to 5 and the written examination. If the examiner is not satisfied, the examinee shall be given an appointment for a 30-minute “live” Zoom session. The second option is for the examinee to make an appointment for a 30-minutes “live” practical examination via Zoom. The submission of the video or setting of an appointment for your practical examination should have been made before August 29, 2020 (11:59 PM). Please take note that it is the responsibility of the examinee to have an OAE or AABR machine to be used in the practical examination, preferably the machine that he or she will use.
Category A examinees are required to scan or take a picture and email the following to email@example.com as jpeg or pdf files with subject: SURNAME First name Credentials (e.g. EUGENIO Nelson Credentials)
1. Copy of valid ID indicating date of birth
2. Certificate / letter of affiliation / employment or copy of BIR Certificate of Registration of owner / physician
Orientation and Updates participants are required to scan or take a picture and send the following to firstname.lastname@example.org as jpeg or pdf files with subject: SURNAME First name Credentials (e.g. EUGENIO Nelson Credentials)
1. Copy of valid PRC ID for physicians
2. Copy of any valid ID for Audiologist or speech therapist
3. Copy of Masters in Audiology diploma for Audiologist
4. Copy of Speech Therapy / Pathology diploma for speech therapist
5. Copy of Residency and Fellowship Training certificates for Developmental Pediatricians, ENT or ENT Implant Surgeon
6. Certificate of good standing from The Philippine Society of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery for ENT Coordinators and ENT Implant Surgeons
7. Certificate of good standing from the Philippine Pediatric Society for Pediatricians
8. Certificate or letter of center / health facility affiliation / employment signed by Medical Director / head of facility / owner. Exact address and complete contact information of the health facility must be indicated in the certificate or letter.
The registration fees are as follows:
1. Orientation and Updates to RA 9709 – Php 500.00 (For re-certification only)
2. Category A Newborn Hearing Screening Personnel Certifying Course – Php 1,500 (Orientation Updates with Written and Practical Examination)
NOTE: Each retake on the written exam shall be charged P500.00 while a retake on the practical examination AFTER the 1st Zoom appointment is P1000.00. The retake shall take place the following month.
We shall be offering starter kits and distributing Registry Cards to successful examinees. You shall be informed if you qualify. The minimum order is 5 booklets (good for 100 infants), maximum is 15 booklets (good for 300 infants). The cost of each Registry Card Booklet is P1000 each. We are encouraging you to avail of this starter kit as it will take at least 6 weeks to process regular orders after the course.
Payments shall be deposited to Banco De Oro (BDO) Bocobo Branch with account name The UP Medical Foundation, Inc. account number 3530094018. The registration period is on August 1 to August 14, 2020. Participants are requested to email the scanned image or clear picture of the deposit slip indicating the facility/hospital. Participants are advised to contact Ms. Nicka V. Fria, NHSRC Administrative Assistant for assistance at 09955588842.