Our Lady of Lourdes Hospital located at P. Sanchez St., Sta. Mesa, Manila, one of the pioneers of newborn hearing screening in the country and being one of the pilot centers who launched the program in 2013, will be hosting the “2nd Integrated Orientation and Updates and Category A Newborn hearing Screening Personnel Certifying Course at OLLH” on August 26, 2017 (Sunday) 8:00 am to 3:00 pm at the Basilio Valdez Hall.
The Orientation and Updates to RA 9709 is the lecture portion of the Category A Newborn Hearing Screening Personnel Certifying Course and is also a pre-requisite for nonscreener or manager staff members of Hearing Centers such as Speech Therapists, Cochlear Implant Programmers, Developmental Pediatricians, ENT Coordinators, and ENT Implant Surgeons.
Orientation and Updates participants are required to bring the following:
1. Copy of valid PRC ID for physicians
2. Copy of any valid ID for Audiologist or speech therapist
3. Copy of Masters in Audiology diploma for Audiologist
4. Copy of Speech Therapy / Pathology diploma for speech therapist
5. Copy of Residency and Fellowship Training certificates for Developmental Pediatricians, ENT or ENT Implant Surgeon
6. Certificate of good standing from The Philippine Society of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery for ENT Coordinators and ENT Implant Surgeons
7. Certificate of good standing from the Philippine Pediatric Society for Pediatricians 8. Certificate or letter of center/health facility affiliation/employment signed by Medical Director/head of facility/owner. Exact address and complete contact information of the health facility must be indicated in the certificate or letter.
The screeners and managers of Category A Newborn Hearing Centers will have to pass a written 25 item multiple choice, open notes exam and practical examination with a 12 item checklist. Examinees are required to bring the hearing screening device (OAE or AABR) they are using or a demo unit from the distributor of the exact model being used in their facility for the practical examination. Please charge the device before the course. Take note that only 10 participants may use a common hearing screening device for centers who wish to have several hearing screening personnel certified.
Category A examinees are required to submit the following:
1. Copy of valid ID indicating date of birth
2. Certificate/letter of affiliation/employment or a copy of BIR Certificate of Registration of owner/physician
Registration fees are as follows:
1. Orientation and Updates to RA 9709 ONLY – Php 1,500.00
2. Integrated Orientation and Updates to RA 9709 and Category A Newborn Hearing Screening Personnel Certifying Course For Facilities with Registry Cards – Php 3,500.00
3. Integrated Orientation and Updates to RA 9709 and Php 8,500.00 Category A Newborn Hearing Screening Personnel Certifying Course For Facilities without Registry Cards (includes 5 Registry Card Booklets, NHSRC will reimburse 5,000 on the spot if the participant fails the examinations)
4. Additional Registry Cards (max 15/participant) – Php1,000/booklet
Course fees shall be deposited to Banco De Oro (BDO) Bocobo Branch with account name UP Medical Foundation, Inc. account number 3530094018 on or before August 20, 2018 (Monday). Participants are advised to contact Mr. Omana at 09173241069, Ms. Faye at 09175839479 or Dr. Ricalde 09175020976 for assistance. Attached is the copy of the program.
One week before the course, the participants shall be invited to participate in the “Pilot Implementation of a Computer Based Training Program on Newborn Hearing Screening.” Through email. You are encouraged to participate as this will enhance and supplement your learning.
Do you want to request for Registry Cards? Click the link below to download the form